1. Basic Info
On EssenceRO, we have modified the rate in which MVP's can be called from the "Change Class" skill summoned only by using the skill Abracadabra.
Abracadabra / Hocus Pocus is a skill earned by mages once they ascend to the level of sage, it casts any random spell at the cost of SP and yellow gemstones. Now, your aim is for '????' to pop up on your window while you spam-cast Abra, and you must successfully cast this on the mob. (Hence, stationary mobs are better since they don't go anywhere, making it easier for you to aim at their location). '????' has the following random outcomes:
- Monocell - Changes the mob into a poring
- Death - Kills the mob in an instant
- Change Class - Now this is the outcome you'll want, for it can change a yellow plant into Thanatos, or a green plant into a TGK. So yeah, it changes the ordinary into an MVP.
2. What You Need
- Yellow Gemstones (Abra requires this)
- Optional: Dead branch (especially for maps with non-stationary mobs or 'dead' maps - places with no mobs at all)
- Optional: Mistress card (to reduce gemstone requirement from 2 to 1)
- Faith that your party can kill the MVP
- Sage/Professor - Ideally, you'd want to use a Professor for bigger SP pool. Abracadabra (at least level 8), SP Conversion/Indulge, and Cast Cancel are a must. Some professors also don't crank up their DEX at all so they can easily cast cancel skills like Steel Body.
- Dancer and Bard - Both of these characters need the skill, Into the Abyss. Abra consumes 2 yellow gemstones per cast, and that can be quite costly. However, you can make use of the dancer and bard's ensemble skill, which bestows the mistress card effect as long as the professor is in the same party and within the skill's range (9x9).
- Support & DPS Damage. Support classes will help you get "Unstuck" when skills force you to re-log.
No matter what the set-up or the number of people involved, remember that the sage/professor, the bard and the dancer should all be in the same party. Otherwise, the effect of Into the Abyss will not work.
3. Where to unleash havoc
- Fields with lots of plants (Sograt Dessert 13 is famous for this)
- Low-populated maps
4. List of MVPs you can summon with Abracadabra
|3.41%||Evil Snake Lord|
|1.71%||Gloom Under Night|
|1.28%||High Priest Magaleta|
|1.28%||High Wizard Katrinn|
|1.28%||Lord Knight Seyren|
|1.07%||Assassin Cross Eremes|
|1.07%||Lord of the Dead|
|0.53%||Golden Thief Bug|
5. Additional Tips
- If there are no stationary mobs in the area, some party members like High Priests try to lure a weak mob (e.g. poring) by hitting them once and stand near the sorcerer so these mobs can be used as targets for Abra.
- MVPs are FREE FOR ALL TO KILL, meaning if you summoned your MVPs in a public area, don't be surprised if other players who'll see your MVP might be eager to kill it. If you want to leave large amounts of MVPs alone to kill all at once, consider using a private DB room.