Rules[edit | edit source]
For a list of all the rules, please read Server Rules.
Some things to note:
- Use common sense.
- Don't be an ass to people.
- Have fun, but not at the expense of others.
Download and Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download the installer from our website.
- Run the installer, (preferably as admin).
- If you have a clean kRO installed, copy data.grf and rdata.grf and BGM folder into EssenceRO folder. If you don't, download the data.zip and BGM.zip from the list of downloads and extract them into the EssenceRO folder.
- NOTE: Do NOT mix EssenceRO files with any other private server files. We cannot guarantee support if issues should rise.
- After everything is installed, make sure you allow your EssenceRO folder through your firewall and anti virus. (Not doing this might result is missing files and errors.)
- Run the patcher, (as admin). It's best to always run the patcher before starting the game to be sure you are up to date.
Q: Help, my client won't start!
A: Please check the eRO-Setup.exe and try changing the Graphics device. Also please always run both the patcher and the client itself as admin.
Q: Help, I'm crashing!
A: Please always run the patcher prior running the game. If it doesn't update and lets you start the game and you are still getting errors, try repatching: delete WarUpdate.dat from your WarRO Folder and run the patcher again. Please make sure the game client is closed when you are patching or the patches aren't applied. Also please don't mix EssenceRO files with any other private server's files, as it would make it harder to locate the source of the error. If you need to, please try reinstalling.
If after everything, you are still having problems, please make a topic in our Technical Support forums.
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Easy right? Choose the gender you like and the name you like. But please keep the names civil! Nothing racist, sexist or otherwise hateful. Profanities aren't funny either. Puns are good, though!
Your look doesn't really matter at this point as the customization options available in game are numerous and free. We have 99 hairstyles available, and 250+ hair and 1000+ clothes' colors!
Novice Area[edit | edit source]
Allocate you stats by opening the Status menu (ALT + A) and stab away. Strength (Str) and Dexterity (Dex) are the recommended stats for a beginner, and you can reset your stats for a small fee later. Foxrings and Cowrings, EssenceRO's custom poring mobs, give the best experience points out of the many different blobs. Cowrings have a small chance to drop their hat, which increases your gained experience as a non-rebirth class by 5%. Neat!
Things to do here[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Lady of the Gardens (the helpful lady with the Beginner's Guide chat box above her head) to receive your welcome gift. All new accounts start with a sample size of VIP Level 2 that lasts for 3 days, starting when you open your gift.
- Use the command @commands to see all the available commands.
- The Beginner's Guide NPC in novice area has a lot of useful info, if you're new to RO or new to EssenceRO.
- Level up to job level 10, so you can change your job right away when arriving in the main town.
When you are done in the novice area, you can either use @go 0 or @market to get to Old Payon and Old Payon Marketplace respectively, or let the Lady of the Gardens warp you out.
Changing Jobs[edit | edit source]
Once you've finished getting your Novice to job level 10, the next step is to change your job. Make sure you've allocated your skill points on the Basic Skill before trying to change jobs, by clicking on the Skill Tree button or using the shortcut ALT + S.
To change jobs, use the command @market to warp to the Old Payon Marketplace and walk north to find the Job Master NPC.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Old Payon is our main town in EssenceRO, and here you will find all the essential NPCs for your convenience. We have a bunch of custom NPCs and invited over some official NPCs as well!
Old Payon NPCs[edit | edit source]
Reached by typing @go.
- Warpra, Essence Kafra, Healer, Buffer, Party Warper, and various event warpers.
- Tool Dealer
- Lovely Hatter and Mad Hatter
- Survival Arena NPCs (@joinsa)
- WoE Castle flags
Old Payon Marketplace NPCs[edit | edit source]
Reached by typing @market.
- Job changer, Reset Girl, and Rental NPC
- Stylist, Dress Room, Headgear Colorist
- Ammo and various gear vendors
- Hat Exchange
- and MANY MORE
@commands and /h[edit | edit source]
If you type in @commands you will see the list of everything that we have enabled for you to make things a little more comfy.
Some of the more important ones you can and should use are:
- @go will give you a list of all the places you can warp to
- @storage (@s) opens your storage
- @autoloot (@al) (100% is the default if no number is given) loot goes automatically into your inventory
- @mobinfo (@mi) displays information about the specified monster
- @iteminfo (@ii) displays information about the specified item
- @whereis shows the map(s) where a given monster spawns
- @whodrops shows up to 5 monsters who drop the specified item
- @party make a party, allows spaces in party name.
- @guild make a guild, requires an emperium, allows spaces in guild name.
- @noks enables killsteal protection
- @killable turns you killable so you can have fun duelling with your buddies
/h will give you a large list of officially available commands to set things up. /organize <partyname> allows you to create a party, but currently spaces in name don't work. /aura lets you toggle between the simplified and full aura. /effect toggles the skill effects (this also disables several headgear effects). /ns (no shift - allows to target enemies with heal/resurrection spells or fellow players outside of pvp maps) and /nc (no control - autoattack after clicking on the enemy once) and many many more.
Refer to the page Player Commands for a full list.
Basic Leveling[edit | edit source]
Check out this amazing Leveling Guide!
Quests[edit | edit source]
We have a lot of quests in EssenceRO. Both official and custom ones. Good places to find info on the quests are:
For custom quests, check the navigation on the left side of our wiki.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Have a question? The answer is somewhere out there, but these are the logical places to look for information: