Draft War of Emperium
The Draft War of Emperium (also known as Draft WoE) is a weekly Guild vs Guild event organized in cooperation by the EssenceRO Staff and the players. Draft WoE involves being selected by a Captain to join one of the teams, and then competing with other the other teams in a regular War of Emperium environment. All participants in the Draft WoE will receive 200 Bravery Badges, 1x Costume Ticket and 1x Bloody Branch . In order to participate, you must join the EssenceRO Discord:
How it Works[edit | edit source]
Unlike regular War of Emperium, Draft WoE does not have pre-made Guilds competing for the castle. Instead, the Guilds (called teams) will have members chosen from the pool of participating players by previously selected Captains, in what is called the Drafting phase. This will be done in the Drafting Zone accessible via the Draft WoE NPC, and usually takes 30 to 45 minutes.
After the Drafting phase ends, the actual War of Emperium will begin, which will last for one hour. At the end of WoE, whichever team is holding the castle will be declared the winner, and receive additional 100x Bravery Badges.
Anyone is eligible to participate, as long as you follow the rules below. This makes Draft WoE an ideal opportunity to try out and learn about War of Emperium by playing alongside veterans and newbies in a semi-organized and low-cost environment.
Times[edit | edit source]
Times in Server Time (EST or EDT when applicable) Outside Daylight Savings Time, drafting starts at 9:00 AM. You can check the Draft WoE NPC to confirm the Draft WoE time.
- Sundays at 9:30 AM: Drafting phase entry closes - NPC in Old Payon
- Sundays at 10:00 AM: War of Emperium begins
Rules[edit | edit source]
General Rules[edit | edit source]
- In order to participate, you must join the Draft WoE Discord:
- You will not be required to speak, but listening is mandatory to ensure proper communication between team members.
- You will be expected to follow the Captain's instructions during WoE.
- Only Level 170 characters are allowed.
- Once you are drafted into a team, there will be no way to change it.
- You will have to remain loyal to your team even though your friends may be on the other team.
- If you leave without a justified reason after being drafted into a team, you may be banned from Draft WoE until further notice.
- In addition to these rules, you will be expected to follow any addition rules/instructions posted on the Draft WoE Discord.
Drafting Phase Rules[edit | edit source]
- The Drafting phase will take place in the drafting zone accessible via the NPC in Old Payon, and will start punctually at the time listed above.
- Once you arrive at the draft location, stay near the Public Chat Room for your Job.
- You will have to be on Discord starting from this point until the end of the event.
- You will have to leave your guild and keep your gears open while you wait.
- The Captains will roll the dice at the start and then follow the following pick order: 1-2-3,3-2-1, repeat.
- Captains are not allowed to pick repeat classes on double picks, unless there's less than 2 different classes remaining.
- Only players drafted through this method are allowed to participate. Captains will not be allowed to invite people after draft is over, or outside members, with the exclusion of inviting and kicking support classes so they can give buffs outside Draft Castle.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
All regular War of Emperium Mechanics apply. However, there are a few changes to take note of, listed below:
- Only players in one of the draft teams will be able to enter the castle.
- Battlegrounds consumables will be enabled.
- No member cap will be in place for the draft teams.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Draft WoE participants receive the rewards below.
- 400 Bravery Badges, 1x Costume Ticket and 1 Bloody Branch for participating.
- Additional 100 Bravery Badges for holding the castle at the end of each round
Additionally, Captains will receive the following reward:
- 5 EssenceRO Donation Credits
First-time Captains will receive the following additional rewards:
- 5 EssenceRO Donation Credits
- 1000 Bravery Badges
- 5 Bloody Branches
Please note that, unlike in regular WoE, members of the winning guild do not receive Guild Dungeon Access and Captains cannot access the castle's treasure room.